Wednesday, March 24, 2010

10 good things

I make several lists each week, which give me the deceptive glow of organization. At least half of the lists I create are promptly lost in the abyss of my schoolbag or crumpled with receipts on my dresser. Still, I think it is useful and pleasing to create mental files.

Right now, I want to make a list of good things. There are always so many, and I rarely count them. Here are a few from the past two days:

  1. a recipe for roasted pears from this cookbook
  2. watching my brother sing Ricky Martin at karaoke
  3. daffodils just beginning to break through our tough front yard soil
  4. reminiscing about CFFC, the Caley family alterna-Halloween
  5. reading for fun
  6. all the hugs and high-fives students gave each other yesterday as they began their state standardized tests
  7. yellow tulips in vases all over the house
  8. friends who are always there, and to whom you don't need to explain yourself
  9. learning about micro-expressions
  10. having an extremely light work week (because of MCAS testing) coincide with visits from Amos and Sarah
You? Can you think of ten good things?

1 comment:

erica said...

1. The Wild Hunt - the newest album by the tallest man on earth - positively the best music for a brand new spring.
2. weekly rituals involving friends and food
3. sleeping late when i can, like yesterday
4. random chocolate chip cookies at work
5. hot tea that helps me say good morning
6. Dexter
7. good workouts that make you wonder - can my legs go on.. and guess what? they can. ( i love those)
8. moments of clear perspective
9. taking things as they come
10. my new chair - i love that thing