Sunday, April 20, 2008

breathless enthusiasm on the same old seasonal drivel

Spring makes me so frantically happy! I find lots of excuses to walk places, like to church this morning, and to the coffee shop this afternoon, and I bounce all the way, smiling madly. I find a singularly lovely tree and I stop beneath it, neck craned, swirling myself around to get at all the angles, to get inside the shy new green.

I saw a cardinal today, for a flash of a second, and then he vanished. 

I told my sister-in-law last night, as we walked home from the video store, that I think spring is like an annual low-grade dose of falling in love. 

There's probably nothing new to say on either subject in any language, but I'll take this hackneyed breathless foolishness any day.

1 comment:

cathi c stegall said...

I'm hopping on the spring train w/ you...full force ahead!