Saturday, January 19, 2008

100 Things That Make Me Happy: 11-20

11. the warm yellow light from the midmorning sun and the way it renders clementines and beads and books and skin magical
12. the way my friend’s voice gets very shrill when she’s excited about something
13. looking around my living room and realizing I’m surrounded by my own artwork
14. having a whole Saturday stretch out before me with boundless creative possibilities
15. waking up early on a Saturday when everyone else is sleeping and feeling like I know something secret
16. stacks and stacks of books I want to read
17. the smell of rosemary
18. Japanese fabric
19. staying within my budget
20. feeling hopeful about a church

4 comments:

Joey said...

What church?

E Caley Ferguson said...

Fellowship Missionary Church. I'm tentatively optimistic.

Joey said...

That is Joe John's church, right? I always feel odd typing or saying that name.

Joey said...

Oh, and I hope you find something worth going for. Community or justice or something worth serving.