Saturday, January 19, 2008

letting in the light

This is my favorite time of day, when the light comes in all slanty and orangey through my western windows. I always feel crafty in these moments. The light does this to me. 


This week I repurposed some empty wine bottles. I covered them with beautiful images from catalogs I never requested, then attached tapers to their mouths. I love the reckless way wax streaks through the image frames. 

2 comments:

cathi c stegall said...

fantastic
fantastic
I say yet again
fantastic!

btw #1: noted, as long as all 3 bottles were not consumed in solitude w/in one sitting, I would then say something quite different

btw #2: great artistry beyond the bottles - I'm assuming it's your own work due to the fact that I know nothing more about you other than what you show on this here weblog, and that's ok.

E Caley Ferguson said...

Ha!

In reference to note 1: the bottles were the product of months of hanging out with friends. I try not to drink alone very often.

In reference to note 2: thanks. They are mine, indeed.