beyond my wants,
beyond my fears,
from death into life.
The past year is one I would not wish to repeat. There has been too much crying and not enough sleep. I have a job I love and incomparable family and friends, but broken bits have forced my gaze inward, and I have seen things in myself and in others that I wish I had not.
Shepherd me, O God,
beyond my wants,
beyond my fears,
from death into life.
But how could I beat down my own selfishness if it went unnoticed? How could I learn to seek out connection if I had never shivered in isolation? What would my trust mean if it had never been disappointed? How does anyone know life without a little death?
Shepherd me, O God,
beyond my wants,
beyond my fears,
from death into life.
May this year see life spring up all around. May wounds heal and may hope be restored - for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment