Sunday, January 20, 2008

desert island singles

If I knew that tomorrow I would be taken to a desert island where I would live out the remainder of my days, I would pack very carefully. And these are the top five songs I'd make sure I had with me at present:
5. Our Life is Not a Movie or Maybe - Okkervil River
4. Sinister in a State of Hope - Loney Dear
3. Failsafe - the New Pornographers
2. The Temptation of Adam - Josh Ritter
1. Green Gloves - the National

They are pretty, pretty magic carpets for the emotions. 
What five songs would you take?

Edit: I almost included another song by the National because I thought one of the main lines was, "Your mind is racing like a pronoun," which I found puzzling and whimsical. Then I realized it actually said, "Your mind is racing like a pro, now." Forget it.

No comments: